Find what you’re looking for:
About JoanJoan Guthrie Medlen, M.Ed, RD, LD focuses her diverse work on coaching people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and those who support them using practical tools. She is the author of the ground-breaking book, The Down Syndrome Nutrition Handbook, a popular internationally known speaker, and consultant in the areas of nutrition, wellness, and health literacy. For more information about Joan's work and tools she creates, visit www.DownSyndromeNutrition.com
Interested in having Joan speak or teach for your group?Visit Joan's website to learn more about her presentations.
Products by JoanDiscover Joan's many services and products on her website: http://www.downsyndromenutrition.com A sampling is listed below.
- WordPress 4.8.1 Maintenance Release wordpress.org/news/2017/08/w… 2 weeks ago
- The Month in WordPress: July 2017 wordpress.org/news/2017/08/t… 2 weeks ago
- The Month in WordPress: June 2017 wordpress.org/news/2017/07/t… 1 month ago
- RT @disabilityscoop: States Lag In Keeping Medicaid Enrollees Out Of Nursing Homes disabilityscoop.com/2017/06/16/sta… #disabilities #Medicaid #special… 2 months ago
- RT @dmartin336: Obama’s Healthcare Admin Just Exposed McConnell’s Shady Plan To Pass Trumpcare fb.me/20X69kkNO 2 months ago
Category Archives: Cooking
Food Allergy. Food Intolerance. Food Sensitivity. No matter the label, it means everyone’s unhappy. Your child’s unhappy because his body is always “talking back.” You are unhappy because your child is struggling. He might be telling you through his behavior. … Continue reading →
As parents, we spend years working toward our children moving out and living independently. Many live in apartments or town homes with a room mate. Some live alone. Others live with a group of people similar to college students – sharing space … Continue reading →
Last year I wrote a blog post titled, “Does Learning Only Go in One Direction?” In it, I ask, “Do the concepts we learn only go in one direction–from the general public to those with disabilities? Or can we learn … Continue reading →
The most intense learning situations in my life have been in my role as Andy’s Mother. The most rewarding learning experiences come from working with Andy and others who are on this journey with us. I can tell when people … Continue reading →
I am pleased to announce that the proof is approved and Cooking by Color: Recipes for Independence is on it’s way. I expect my first shipment to arrive in no more than 10 days. Shipment for those who have pre-ordered … Continue reading →